September 5, 2011

The Virginity Issue: when should you lose it?


     This is something that most women deal with at one point in their lives, usually around puberty. Once your sexual curiosity peaks; questions pop up in one’s mind like: should I wait until marriage? Should I wait for true love? What will people think if I lose it to someone I’m not in a relationship with?
    
     I’m not an expert, so I’ll just state my opinion: there is no clear cut answer. The proper time to lose your virginity is when you feel that you are ready. This is different for each woman. I have friends who lost their virginity as young as 14 and then you have me, who didn’t lose it until the age of 20. Losing my virginity wasn't  with someone I loved, was in a relationship with, or in the most romantic of ways with.  Yet I'm telling you just know that whatever you choose to do, it’s because you feel it’s right. 

Some things that you should keep in mind are that:
(1)    Not every guy that says he loves you really means it. Try not to fall victim to the seldom guy that claims he loves you, make sure he really means it. If you feel that he’s just saying it to get into your pants, he most likely is. Go with your gut.

(2)    Don’t feel obligated to sleep with someone to keep him. If that’s the case, he isn’t worth you, your time, or access to your treasure cove. 

(3)    And, above all, always remember that when you do have sex protect yourself.  If you have any question, feel free to ask.

And as far as what people think… who cares? This decision is about you.

-Peyton

No comments:

Post a Comment